About Dr. Kristina Tansavatdi
Tansavatdi Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Tansavatdi is a fellowship-trained facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon. Her focus is providing a personalized experience and expert, state-of-the-art cosmetic care for the face and neck. A native of Southern California, she was raised in South Pasadena and received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Berkeley. She went on to receive her M.D. from Wake Forest University School of Medicine. Dr. Tansavatdi completed her internship and residency training in Otolaryngology — Head & Neck Surgery at the University of Utah School of Medicine. She then finished a prestigious fellowship in Cincinnati with Dr. Devinder Mangat, a past president of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. This fellowship allowed her to learn from one of the best in the field, gleaning from his more than 30 years of experience and knowledge in facial plastic surgery.
Dr. Tansavatdi successfully passed rigorous written and oral examinations in both Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. She is currently certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery and the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. In addition, she has contributed to numerous medical journals and textbooks on topics within the field of facial plastic surgery and head and neck surgery; her contributions include a book chapter on Advanced Therapy in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery about dermabrasion and other superficial skin treatments. She has authored two recent journal articles in Facial Plastic Surgery; the first addressed chemical peels and other techniques for rejuvenating aging skin, and the second covered the appropriate use of calcium hydroxyapatite fillers (such as Radiesse®).
Outside of her clinical practice, Dr. Tansavatdi is engaged in her local community and donates her time to a number of organizations. She has been involved with medical missions around the world, the most recent to Belize in February 2011 with Dr. Mangat. She is an advocate for battered women affected by domestic violence and has donated her time and services to FACE TO FACE: The National Domestic Violence Project. If you would like to learn more about the organization, please visit facetofacesurgery.org, or visit facetofacesurgery.org/donate to make a tax-deductible donation. Tansavatdi Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery is also a member of the Conejo Valley Chamber of Commerce.
In her spare time, Dr. Tansavatdi enjoys spending time with her family, participating in outdoor activities and volunteering in her local community.
- Tansavatdi K, Mangat DS. Calcium hydroxapatite fillers. Facial Plastic Surgery 2012 Jan.
- Mangat DS, Tansavatdi K, Garlich P. Current Chemical Peels and Other Resurfacing Techniques. Facial Plastic Surgery 2011 Feb; 27:35-49.
- Tansavatdi K, McGill LD, Riggs S, and Orlandi RR. Murine Model of Wound Healing in Chronic Rhinosinusitis. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg Aug 2010.
- Tansavatdi K and Mobley SR. Dermabrasion in the Face. In: Advances in Facial Plastic Surgery. Thomas JR, editor. Decker, Inc.
- Hill JW, Tansavatdi K, Lockett KL, et al. Validation of the cell cycle G2 delay assay in assessing ionizing radiation sensitivity and breast cancer risk. Cancer Management and Research April 2009; 1:39-48.
- Postma GN, McGuirt Sr WF, Butler SG, Rees CJ, Crandall HL, and Tansavatdi K: Laryngopharyngeal Abnormalities in Hospitalized Patients With Dysphagia. Laryngoscope 2007;117(10):1720-22.
- Featured in New Beauty Magazine