Top 5 Benefits of Botox®!
Botox® is a quick and easy solution to reducing the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles. Dr. Kristina Tansavatdi uses Botox® injections as a means to relax facial muscles.
Botox® is a great option for individuals who are looking for a facial rejuvenation procedure that does not require surgery. Dr. Tansavatdi provides Botox® injections for men and women in her Westlake Village office. These injections are designed to smooth the skin; thus, reducing the visibility of the wrinkles targeted. The wrinkles targeted are usually on the face or neck.
Dr. Tansavatdi frequently uses Botox® injections to reduce the appearance of:
- The ‘furrows’ in between the eyebrows
- The ‘crow’s feet’ located on the outer corner of the eyes
- Unsightly neck bands
- The horizontal wrinkles along the forehead
Top 5 Benefits of Botox®!
1. Decreasing the movement between the eyebrows to eliminate the constant ‘angry’ look
The muscles between the eyebrows are responsible for creating the look of anger in that area. As time passes, some individuals develop permanent creases between their eyebrows. These creases make them look as if they are angry all the time. With Botox® injections, Dr. Tansavatdi can decrease movement between the eyebrows; thus, eliminating these creases.
2. Decreasing lines and wrinkles with almost no downtime
Botox® injections only take 10 to 15-minutes and no hospital stay is required. In fact, when Dr. Tansavatdi’s Botox® injection patients leave her office, many return to work that same day. This makes Botox® injections a great option for individuals who do not have the ability to take time off work for recovery purposes.
3. Improving the jawline (mild jowls) without surgery – Nefertiti Lift
Dr. Tansavatdi uses Botox® as a means to relax the platysmal bands. As part of the natural aging process, these bands separate into ropey bands that pull down on the neck. This pulling exaggerates the jowls and creates what is referred to as the turkey neck (gobbler) effect. During a Nefereti Lift, Dr. Tansavatdi may also relax other muscles, including the muscles responsible for pulling down the corners of the mouth/chin. By relaxing these muscles, she can re-contour the jawline. The result is a beautifully elegant jawline and a smooth neck.
4. Reshaping the face – lower face contouring via injection of the masseters
Botox® can help reshape a large, square-shaped jaw. Individuals who want a softer, slimmer and more oval shaped face without having a surgical procedure should consider having Botox® injections into their masseter muscles. The results can last up to a year because the masseter muscles have fewer nerve endings than the muscles that cause facial wrinkles.
5. Raising the brows (“chemical brow lift”)
Throughout the aging process, the eyebrows gradually fall losing their arch and appearing dull. With Botox®, Dr. Tansavatdi can:
- Raise the eyebrows and recreate a more natural arch
- Diminish sagging skin over the upper eyelids and open up the eyes
- Eliminate frown lines located between the eyebrows